2022 Virtual Developing an Acquisition Strategy (September 12, 2022)
- Registration Closed
What Makes a Successful Design-Build Acquisition Strategy?
DBIA’s Developing an Acquisition Strategy course provides best practices, practical advice, tips and approaches for crafting solicitations, selecting the best team, and effectively using contract incentives – all of which form the foundation for successful design-build teams and exceptional project outcomes. This course is designed for Owners and practitioners alike and focuses on:
- Understanding and writing meaningful performance-based requirements
- Maximizing two-phase design-build source selection, from shortlisting to final selection, ensuring selection of the best team
- Using incentive contracting to promote collaboration and deliver project success
The DBIA Virtual Training classroom is not an “online” experience, but instead a true “virtual” experience. It allows remote attendees a real-time participant experience, fully engaged with their instructor and others in the classroom. Full engagement is critical As such, the following is required for those joining the classroom virtually:
- You MUST have video/camera capability on the computer you will be using;
- You MUST keep your video/camera on during the entirety of the training (you may turn it off during breaks and lunch). Each participant is expected to be visible as a class participant throughout the training, just as it would be if you were physically in the classroom;
- Please find a quiet location that will have minimal distractions/disturbances;
- Please Mute your microphone when you are not speaking; and
- Remain in the virtual classroom during class activities as they, too, will take place virtually and you are expected to participate.
DBIA instructors and staff will actively monitor your attendance and reserve to right to decline issuance of a certificate of completion should virtual attendees not actively participate based on the rules above.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Education@dbia.org.